Saturday 3 October 2015

Schwartz's Montreal Hebrew Deli

3895 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montreal, Quebec

514-842-4813



In her opinion:
On our way back from Quebec City we decided that we needed a simple meal...nothing too fancy...so on a drizzly night in Montreal we opted for Schwartz's smoke meat sandwiches. Schwartz's is an institution in Montreal and no culinary trip to the city would be complete without at least one visit to this famous deli.

After finding parking on one of the busiest streets in Montreal we stood in line with other foodies and restaurants patrons waiting our turn to sit at communal tables and partake of this legendary smoked meat. After about 20 minutes were were shown in to our table and our orders were taken in a brisk yet friendly manner. This is not a restaurant were you sit and linger enjoying your friends or family. This is a busy place where the idea is to order, eat, pay and get out as quickly as possible so that the people standing in line can get in to do the same.



I ordered a diet coke to drink. I opted out of the famous cherry coke...I'm very particular about my soft drinks! We split an order of fries as a side and I ordered a smoke meat sandwich (you can pick lean, medium or fatty - we picked medium).

The fries were very good. I would say I ate a huge amount of fries in Montreal...I don't usually like to get french fries but these like most of the fries in Montreal did not disappoint. They were crisp, salty and always fresh.

The smoke meat sandwich itself was excellent. You get a huge amount of meat for the size of bread that comes in the sandwich. 
The bread was rye and super fresh slathered with yellow mustard. The smoked meat was delicious. The medium was fatty enough and added extra flavour. It was perfectly seasoned.  I was so full after one of these sandwiches. 

Overall, I enjoyed my Schwartz's smoke meat sandwich. I'm glad we decided to stop here for dinner. It's a great spot and a visit to Montreal is not complete without having a meal here!


~

~
In his opinion:


Edgar gives it 3 1/2 Olives out of 5 rating.



Schwartz's Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment