Sunday 4 October 2015

Holder

407 Rue McGill
Montreal, Quebec

514-849-0333




In her opinion:
Our last dinner in Montreal was suppose to be at the illustrious Joe Beef but the parent card always trumps the foodie card. A reservation for 9 pm is just a little too late for a seven year old. After a mad struggle to figure out where to have a good and memorable dinner in Montreal...Urbanspoon came to the rescue again with their list of most popular restaurants. We picked Holder. This was based on the fact that it was a French bistro and had 86% approval rating.

Holder is in Old Montreal and designed by the late Luc Laporte to look and feel like it's always been around. It's a beautiful airy room! As you walk in you feel like you have been transported to Paris to a busy brasserie.



To start, I order a glass of the 2011 Bourgogne Aligote. This was a great glass of wine...fruity and dry. 


After checking the menu, I decided that I wanted to have the "Salmon Tartare with yogurt and Mujjol caviar" as an appetizer. I had read that the salmon tartare here was one of the best in the city and therefore, I wanted to try it.


It was a very good salmon tartare. Not as good as the one I had had at Garde Manage but still it was very good. I thought it needed a little acidity but other then that it was delectable. I truly enjoyed this appetizer.

For my main, I picked the "Braised Beef Cheeks a la Bourguignonne".



This was absolutely delicious. Meaty, hearty and full of flavour. The meat was melt in your mouth moist and delectable. The mashed potatoes were lovely. The green beans perfectly cooked. The sauce was full of flavour from the bourgogne and the lardons of bacon. 

Overall, this was a wonderful dinner. I truly enjoyed our dinner at Holder. I won't describe it as a good runner up to Joe Beef but an excellent choice all on its own.


In his opinion:



Seared foie gras, gingerbread, red wine reduction and dried fruit.



Lobster ravioli, truffle oil beurre blanc.



Edgar gives it a 4 olives out of 5 rating.



Holder Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment